Category: Foot Care
It’s not uncommon to experience foot pain after a long day of work or a vigorous sports activity, especially as we age. A long day of shopping or yard work can leave feet tired, heavy, swollen and achy- a problem we can all relate to at one time or another.
Achy Feet Factors:
When you are constantly on your feet, a significant amount of stress is put on your legs and feet. Strenuous walking or standing for long periods has an obvious effect on your feet. Other factors include ill-fitting, poorly padded shoes, tight socks or stockings, and tight garters. Reduced blood circulation to the ankles and feet also causes tired aching feet.
5 Simple Ways to Relieve Tired, Aching Feet
There are ways to relieve pain associated sore feet and legs.
- Elevate your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak your feet in warm water or warm a towel with hot water and wrap it around your feet and legs.
- Massage your feet or have someone massage your feet for you.
- Exercise your feet, as it can help to keep them healthy – it tones muscles, helps to strengthen the arches and stimulates blood circulation.
- Wear Orthotic insoles in your shoes. Ask a podiatrist at Step Ahead Podiatry if an orthotic device is a good fit for your lifestyle
When foot pain persists, it’s important to visit our Palm Bay podiatric office for a thorough examination. The cause of your foot pain may be more serious than simple stress and overwork. Step Ahead Podiatry can identify serious problems and work with you to determine a treatment plan that will put an end to your tired, achy feet once and for all.